Are you an adult interested in becoming a fully initiated Catholic? St. Joan of Arc offers a thorough preparation for the reception of the gifts of the Holy Spirit through the Sacrament of Confirmation. This program is for those who have been baptized Catholic and have received their First Holy Communion. If you have not been baptized or were baptized in a Protestant assembly or have not receive your First Holy Communion, please see the Rite of Christian Initiation (RCIA) page.
You will want to start with the following steps:
- Call Brian Hanson in the parish office and schedule an interview; you also email him at email@example.com.
- Obtain a new copy of your baptismal certificate from the church where you were baptized and bring it with you to the interview. (If you were baptized in another country, a copy of your original baptismal certificate will be sufficient.)
- If you are a member of another parish, obtain a letter from the pastor of your home parish granting you permission to participate in this process.
- Married persons must be married in the Church in order to be confirmed. Please bring a copy of your church marriage certificate with you. (If you desire to request an annulment, please let us know at the time of the interview).
- Invite a Catholic whom you admire, and who has already been confirmed, to be your Confirmation sponsor. It is best to choose someone who is willing and able to attend the sessions with you, and it is requested that this person not be your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife. A proxy can stand in for a sponsor who is unable to be present at your Confirmation. If you do not know someone who can serve as your sponsor, we will happily find someone from our community to walk with you on this journey.
- It will be necessary to select a Confirmation name, which may be chosen from among the saints, blessed and Biblical persons. Pray for the Lord to come into your life and your heart more deeply.
We pray for you as you consider taking this final step of full initiation into our Catholic faith.
For more information, contact Brian Hanson at 602-867-9171 x311 or firstname.lastname@example.org.